|Job Title:||Assistant House Manager||Department:||Operations|
|Report to:||Director of Operations||Salary Range:||Hourly|
|FLSA Status:||Non-Exempt||Announcement Date:||October 27, 2014|
The position of the Assistant House Manager at the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center is a part-time position.
The Assistant House Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations. This position is a Customer service position that is responsible for the quality of the Strand-Capitol experience. This job requires someone who is detail-oriented, able to work well within a team, and has the capability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- This position will assist in all Front of House operations for shows and rentals and ensure that the facility is in great presentable condition. He/she will monitor all space that is in use and be responsible for closing the facility at the end of the night.
- Help organize and execute events with volunteers, security guards, and any other staff on duty.
- Meet backstage needs of guest artists.
- Responsible for completing various reports; including but not limited to House Manager Reports, Per Capita reports, Merchandise Settlements, Incident reports, and Bar/Concession reports.
- Must be able to work within a flexible schedule that will frequently include weekends, evenings, and/or late night hours.
- Ability to work independently on several tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to stay focused in a complex and high-pressured environment.
- Accurate handling of cash and credited receipts. (100% accurate 100% of the time)
- Ability to communicate to all people in a calm, rational, and diplomatic way while in a fast-paced and high-pressured environment.
- Knowledgeable of the Pennsylvania Liquor Control laws.
- An associate’s degree or two years of college experience is preferred. A high school diploma will be considered with extensive background in Customer service, volunteer management, and/or the operations of another venue.
- Ability to read, write, and speak standardized English.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Familiarity with HVAC systems and security systems is a plus but not a necessity.
- CPR and AED certifications are a plus, but not a necessity.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to multitask. The employee is often on his or her hands and knees, walking, standing, sitting, climbing, or balancing in order to complete a task at hand. The employee is often responsible for lifting 10-20 lbs. multiple times during a shift and is sometimes responsible for moving up to 50 lbs.
Vision and hearing is very important for this work. If vision or hearing is an issue, then glasses, contacts, or hearing aids may be needed in order to perform tasks at hand. EEO.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com